- Ruth Benerito for wrinkle-free cotton (55+ patents)
- Amar Bose for improvements in audio technology (30 patents)
- Nick Holonyak, Jr. for the light emitting diode (2 patents)
- Erna Hoover for computerized telephone switching (1 patent)
- Amos Joel, Jr. for the switching concept for cellular phones (70+ patents)
- William Murphy, Jr. for a variety of medical devices including the blood bag and disposable medical trays (40+ patents)
- Kenneth Richardson for the anti-fungal drug, Fluconazole (40+ patents)
The inductees will be honoured in an official ceremony on May 3.