The theme of World Intellectual Property Day, which is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, is “Innovation – Linking the World.” There are many innovations that have brought the world closer together. Here is my top ten list of representative technologies and the decades in which they emerged.
- Telegraph (1840s)
- Industrial papermaking & automated presses (1880s)
- Telephone (1890s)
- Radio (1910s)
- Television (1950s)
- Networked mainframe computers (1960s)
- Digital photocomposition (1970s)
- Internet & e-mail (1980s)
- World Wide Web (1990s)
- Cell phone networks (1990s)
- Web 2.0 & social networks (2000s)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.